- Headquarters for the weekend will be the Springhill Suites, Annapolis, Maryland. A block of rooms have been reserved. Each room is a two room suite with 2 queen beds and a sleep sofa in the sitting room. Each suite has a refrigerator and microwave. Wi-fi and breakfast is included. Each suite can easily accommodate 3 to 4 people. (See Hotel page for Reservation information and roommate matching)
- Participants planning on joining the historic Tour on Friday evening, should plan on arriving by 5:45 pm for tour at 6:30 pm. Participants arriving later will be able to join the group for later evening activities.
- Dinner, networking and exploring in beautiful historic Annapolis.
- Breakfast at the hotel, included with room.
- Participants meet in hotel lobby no later than 8:30 am
- Participants carpool to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation Research Center on the Bay
- Professional Development Activities on the a boat, canoe or on land - activities take place on the water rain or shine. Dress appropriately for outdoor activities, check local weather before you pack for the trip.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Center will offer Professional Development activities to meet the needs of participants. All participants will complete a survey of positions, grade levels and content area, that will guide the activities.
- Part of the afternoon participants will work in groups to take on the "Spotlight on Strategies" (SOS) Challenge, DEN on the BAY style"Spotlight on Strategies"(SOS) Challenge, DEN on the BAY style while enjoying the beauty of the Bay from the research center
- The day is planned from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Return to Hotel, meet for dinner in lobby
- Dinner will be dockside dining Chesapeake Style. This will be an opportunity to network and share the day's events. Dockside dining on the bay typically includes live music on Saturday nights.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Participants carpool to the Baltimore Museum of Industry near the Baltimore Harbor.
- After a tour of the museum, participants will have the opportunity to share how their SOS and how they envision what they learned over the weekend and how it can be used in the classroom and shared with the DEN.
- Lunch will be at a nearby eatery.
- Departure to the airport, Amtrak and the road.
- BWI Airport and BWI Amtrak Station is 9 miles from the Baltimore Museum of Industry.